Based on comprehensive understanding on how glass breaks, Corning® created Gorilla® Glass to better survive the real world events that commonly cause glass failure. Designed specifically for mobile devices, Corning’s Gorilla® Glass improves screen durability without adding weight to the highly mobile tablet PCs.
Corning Gorilla Glass is an environmentally friendly alkali-aluminosilicate
thin-sheet glass designed specifically to function as a cover glass for portable display devices. Its superior composition allows a deeper layer of chemical strengthening than is possible with other chemically strengthened glasses, giving it an increased ability to resist and withstand damage.
Gorilla Glass Features
• A variety of features come together in Corning’s Gorilla Glass to create a strong, damage-resistant glass that is ideal for tablet PCs, including:
• Chemically strengthened to withstand high-volume user interaction and repetitive motion
• Highly durable cover glass for increased mobile Tablet PCs lifespan
• Adds protection without impacting pen response
• Increased ability to resist and withstand damages compared to device without Gorilla Glass
• Retains its performance advantage even when used in thin form factors
• Retains optical characteristics after extended use and abuse
• Remains strong over time
• Water, chemical and disinfectant resistant coating: easy to clean and remove dust, dirt, or other elements.